Evelyn's Lullaby...Lyrics Recreated by Elizabeth Loeffler...Performed by Jodi Davis
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

my nephew and i will ALMOST share a birthday

my sister, allyson, and i experienced pregnancy together for 7 whole weeks! She just gave birth to a perfect child on january 20  


...Simon McSpadden Flaming...
...7 lbs 2 oz...
...19.5 in...
                   
                   allyson & colby's second child
                                      william's first brother
                                           my parent's fifth grandbaby
                                                           and my fourth nephew 

i said to allyson the other day, 
"I can NOT believe that you are about to have this baby!
... this pregnancy went SO quickly!!"
seconds after i made that statement i wanted to apologize 
because I now know unequivocally:

pregnancies happen quickly  



only for those who  




aren't pregnant



ive been pregnant for five minutes and i am well aware that there will be nothing quick about the time between now and mid september...  everything about my day... every decision impacts something greater than me!! so, i now say to my sister:





knowing that my pregnancy will not happen as quickly as yours did through my eyes,
i envy how quickly my pregnancy will seem through yours


on another note: i'm beginning to feel my own form of morning sickness... i wake up in the morning, not nauseated, but oddly full... the thought of food isn't enticing at all...revolting even... nothing sounds good to eat.  
so i listen to my body and wait to eat.  waiting only half an hour or so i begin feeling incredibly dizzy, so i eat.... which is followed by a kind of sleepiness that is matched only by local anesthesia.  again, listening to my body, i sleep.  after an hour or so, i hit the floor running and the rest of the day i feel great!! 
not bad if you ask me! i've definately heard horror stories of morning sickness being more like morning, afternoon, and evening close-to-death-experiences of which the only relief is 8 hours of sleep from midnight to 8 am.  i'll take my symptomology over that any day!!! so, thus far, no complaints... key words being: THUS FAR!! stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment