Evelyn's Lullaby...Lyrics Recreated by Elizabeth Loeffler...Performed by Jodi Davis
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 9, 2010

My Resident Teddy Bear

Jordan was off work yesterday and since I make a weekly effort to be off the same days as he, so was I.  In my previous post I told of how we had an ultrasound appointment on Saturday to find out the sex of the baby.  Well, we got a little anxious! I called A Glimpse Before and After and she was kind enough to squeeze us in for a quick session!!! Again, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE...

I was afraid that 18 weeks would be too early to decipher a little girl from a little boy since the doctors all make you wait until 20 weeks.  So, you can imagine my surprise when at 17 1/2 weeks our baby had developed just enough to to leave us without question!

It's A Girl!!!

My suspicions were only confirmed while Jordan had no preconceived notions.  During our ultrasound I fell in love with Jordan all over again.  When we were told it was a girl, he just melted.  Big crocodile tears welled up in his eyes and he couldn't stop kissing my hand and forehead.  There's something about a little girl that will turn a man into butter at room temperature.  He's completely in love with her already... and he already looks at me differently.  To Jordan I'm fragile, sweet, wholesome, of worth that I may not even deserve...

We got in the car after our ultrasound and Jordan asked, "Who do you think will be the disciplinarian?"....
I could only laugh in response.  Jordan doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell to be hard on his baby girl... he is forever changed.  Jordan will be the resident teddy bear, and I love him for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment